Mission and values
Hastings & Bexhill Mencap’s mission is to improve the lives and opportunities of local people with a learning disability, their families and carers.
Our Statement of purpose:
- Hastings & Bexhill Mencap works with people with a learning disability to enable them to lead full lives.
- We believe that our members with a learning disability should be able to make choices about the things that are important to them, and we will support them, as far as we are able, to achieve this.
- We will provide services to local people with a learning disability, their families and carers through leisure activities, education, residential care and day service.
- We will include, wherever possible, our members in our decisions and actions.
- We will respond to our members’ needs and views.
- We will not discriminate against our members on grounds of age, race, gender, religion, disability or sexual orientation.
- We will support our members who need our help.
- We will support our staff and volunteers in our work.